When it comes to decorating, so often we focus our attention on the interior of our home. After all, it’s where we spend the most time. But with nice weather rolling in, we’ll all be spending more and more of our days in the summer sun. And just like inside our homes, an occasional update to your outdoor space can really make a difference. Julia of @wellnestedhome painted her front door a cheerful yellow (Leap of Faith by Benjamin Moore), and wow is it inviting! Time and again, just a little paint can make such a difference.
Hang a new wreath, swap out a light fixture, add few throw pillows or roll out a fresh welcome mat.
Meagan’s refreshed her front porch with a new mat and rug from Ruggable (which is so nice because it’s wipeable and easy to keep clean)! The black bench, splash of potted greenery, and coordinating black and white throw pillows pulls this modern farmhouse look together seamlessly. In my opinion, there’s nothing more cheerful and welcoming than stepping up to a new, freshly laid front porch mat. It’s the little details that make all the difference.
Below are a couple inspiration boards for ideas on how to give your porch a simple but refreshing new look.
- Outdoor Wood Bench — $229.99
- Woven Throw Blanket — $30
- Outdoor Ivory Throw Pillow — $25.06
- Architectural Mailbox House Numbers — $5.39
- Large Resin Urn Planter — $30
- Boston Fern — $25
- Front Door Paint Color: Leap of Faith by Benjamin Moore
- Wood Porch Rocking Chair — $155.20
- Welcome Door Mat — $25
- Composite Planter — $30
- Striped Outdoor Throw Pillow — $24.99
- Solid Sage Green Outdoor Throw Pillow — $44.83
- Pilea Wreath — $58